Effective Date: 11.26.2022
- Communicate with us through the Sites or by email, telephone, text, mail, facsimile, or other means;
- Otherwise provide Personal Information to us, whether online or offline, in the context of our relationship with you.
What Personal Information We Collect
“Personal Information” is information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you.
When you interact with the Services, we may collect certain Personal Information directly from you or automatically from the devices you use to access our Services. Depending on how you use the Services, we may collect the following types of information from or about you:
- Direct identifiers, such as your name, address, email address, phone number, and other contact information;
- Demographic information, such as your age, gender, and date of birth;
- Health information, such as information about your symptoms or details about your healthcare that we collect about you when you search for a health care provider; submit reviews, feedback, or other content about health care services you have received; or complete online self-reported health assessments, such as our 24-hour urine test webtool.
- Usage information, such as information we automatically receive about the devices you use to access the Services, your IP address, the type of Internet browser used to visit the Services, the areas of the Services you visited and the actions you performed on the Services, and information we collect using cookies and other tracking technologies as described in the “Cookies and Web Beacons” section below;
- User account information, such as log-in credentials for a user account you create when using the Services; and
- Other information you choose to provide, such as when you send us questions or comments, post content to our online communities, or otherwise communicate with us.
How We Collect Your Information
Depending on how you use our Services, we may collect Personal Information from you in the following ways:
- Directly from you. We may collect information from you directly through your use of the Services, such as when you submit information via our online tools and forms, sign up for a mailing list, or other direct interactions with us.
- Through automated data collection technologies. We may collect your information using automated data collection technologies as described in the “Cookies and Other Data Collection Technologies” section below. For example, we may collect the IP (Internet protocol) address of the device you use to access our Sites and other browsing information, such as page requests, browser type, operating system, and average time spent on our Sites.
- From third parties. We may obtain your information through third-party sources, such as your health care provider; marketing partners; social media companies; and service providers. We may combine this information with the information we collect about you to help us tailor our communications and improve our Services.
How We Use Your Information
We may use your Personal Information as outlined below:
- Provide the Services. We may use your Personal Information to provide the Services, prepare and send you personalized reports with your online self-reported health assessment results, respond to your questions and comments, and send you communications about the Services.
- Build and maintain our relationship with you. We may use your Personal Information to improve your experience with our Services, send you marketing messages about the Services that may be of interest to you, send you informational newsletters, administer contests and sweepstakes, conduct surveys, and obtain and respond to your feedback, questions, and comments. We may also draw inferences from the Personal Information we receive about you, such as information about your preferences, characteristics, and interest in our Services.
- Improve the Services. We may use your Personal Information to facilitate and improve the operation of the Services, assess user engagement with the Services, perform market research and analysis, analyze how the Services are being used and accessed, improve the functionality of the Sites and your user experience, conduct quality assurance activities, perform internal business reviews, and develop new Services
- Improve the Sites and our Service offerings. We may use your Personal Information to better understand your preferences and interests so we can improve and expand our Services, tailor our marketing, and better serve you and our other customers.
- Comply with legal obligations and respond to legal proceedings. We may use your Personal Information to comply with our legal obligations, including maintaining records of our compliance with federal and state law requirements. We may also use your Personal Information to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims.
We may also use your information for other purposes consistent with the context of the collection of your Personal Information, as otherwise disclosed to you at the time your Personal Information is collected, or with your consent.
How We Share Your Information
We may share your Personal Information with the following types of third parties:
- Amongst our corporate family. We may share your Personal Information with our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership.
- Our research collaborators. We may share your Personal Information with third parties that sponsor or conduct research or that we otherwise collaborate with in connection with research
- Our service providers. We may share your Personal Information with service providers and vendors that perform tasks on our behalf, such as marketing and analytics activities and the operation and maintenance of the Sites
- Business partners. We may disclose your information to third parties that may use it for their own purposes, including companies that operate cookies and other advertising partners, marketing partners, social media companies, and other business partners.
- Public and governmental authorities. We may share your Personal Information with entities that regulate or have jurisdiction over WPE Digital, such as regulatory authorities, law enforcement, public bodies, and judicial bodies
- Other third parties, as reasonably necessary. We may share your Personal Information:
- In relation to a merger, sale, acquisition, divesture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, bankruptcy, or other change of ownership or control (whether in whole or in part);
Cookies and Other Data Collection Technologies
- Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are strictly necessary in order for you to use the services, load and view content, and access your account.
- Functionality cookies. These cookies help us remember you and personalize features and content for you on the services.
- Preference cookies. These cookies allow us to capture and store your information privacy related preferences (e.g., your opt-in and opt-out), account settings, and certain login information.
- Analytics cookies. These cookies help us and our service providers compile statistics and analytics about platform users, including traffic, usage, demographic, and trend data, which will enable us to understand how users engage with our Site.
- Advertising cookies. These cookies will display advertising on our website and on third party websites. Some of these advertisements may be interest-based, meaning that they are tailored to your interests or behaviors on our website or on other websites.
The third-party service providers we may use for advertising and analytics include, but are not limited to
To learn more about cookies and similar technologies, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Most web and mobile device browsers automatically accept cookies. If you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You may also choose to opt out of receiving interest-based advertising by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative’s Opt-Out Tool
Use of Facebook
Controlling Your Personal Data
If you are a registered user of this site, you can modify your information by logging in and accessing your account information.
If you wish to close your account and delete all your personal data associated with this account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the email address associated with the account. We will use reasonable effort to delete your account and all related data as soon as possible. We may retain information from closed accounts consistent with our internal data retention policies and legal obligations. You may request that we provide you with a portable data set of your information by sending us a email at email@example.com with your registered email id.
If you wish to remove your Facebook account and information from this site, please follow facebook's data deletion instructions. Also, you must promptly notify us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, if any of your account data is lost, stolen, or used without permission.
Opting Out of Communications
We may communicate with you by email, telephone, or SMS text message about the Services. If you have opted in or otherwise qualify to receive these forms of communication, and no longer wish to receive such communications, you may opt out or unsubscribe by following the instructions that are included in the communication or by contacting us using the information provided in the Contact Us section below.
Retention of Your Personal Information
As a general matter, we may keep your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected. If a law requires us to retain your information for a longer period of time, we will comply with that law. We may also retain your Personal Information as necessary to protect our legal rights.
Security of Your Information
We maintain administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect against unauthorized access, use, modification, and disclosure of your information in our custody and control. No data, on the Internet or otherwise, can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we strive to protect your information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, WPE Digital cannot and does not ensure or warrant the security of your information.
Do Not Track
Some web browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” or similar feature that signals to websites that a user does not want to have his or her online activity and behavior tracked. We are committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information collected through the Sites. However, like many websites, our Sites are not currently designed to recognize a “Do Not Track” signal from a web browser. As a result, WPE Digital and third parties may track your online activities, including over time and across different sites and apps.
WPE Digital does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13 through the Services. If you believe a child under 16 years of age has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us at the information provided in the Contact Us section below with a brief description of your concern.
Information for Users Located Outside of the United States
Notice to California Residents
California residents are entitled to request and obtain from us once per calendar year information about the categories of personal information we have shared with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. To request this information and for any other questions about our privacy practices and compliance with California law, please contact us using the information provided in the Contact Us section below.
Notice to Residents of Nevada
If you are a Nevada resident, you have the right to opt out of the sale of certain Personal Information, including your name and mailing address, to third parties. WPE Digital does not sell your personal information. If that were to change in the future, we will provide Nevada residents with a method to opt-out of those transactions.